Monday, March 23, 2009

Third time is a charm??

It's the end of the day, I'm tired and not feeling overly creative so trying to come up with an imaginative way to say "we try again tomorrow" is a bit of a challenge. "Third time is a charm" is the best I can think of and unlike my last entry, it contains no colorful language (imagine what this Wednesday's will be like if he is still not ready)!
Dane has felt absolutely awesome the past week and his energy level has been terrific. He attended school every day and for the first time since January, managed an entire day (Friday) including staying for a special pizza lunch. My cellphone was glued to me in the afternoon because I was anticipating a phone call to come and get him early, but to his credit, he stayed for both morning and afternoon and still had energy to burn when I picked him up at 3:45. I felt a bit "out of sorts" without him though as we have both become so accustomed to spending part of every day together. I tried to encourage a full day today however he said he was a bit tired this morning so I didn't push it.
In a previous entry a while ago, I mentioned Dane was asked to drop a ceremonial puck at a fundraising hockey tournament for the Children's Wish Foundation. Well that puck drop was last Friday evening at the Dakota Community Club and it was quite an exciting evening for him. The puck drop was pretty low-key and that suited him just fine, as he is definitely still shy in public situations (we know that's inherited from Dirk and not me). After the puck drop the organizers said some kind words about Dane and the charity and then presented him with a major haul. He received a signed and framed Joe Thornton picture, an official San Jose Sharks Joe Thornton jersey with Dane's name on the back, a couple of great San Jose caps and a Portable PlayStation. Dane was truly spoiled but much appreciative and we've told him there will be no more electronic devices purchased in this household for quite some time! I had intended to post a photo of him in his San Jose attire with this update, however our digital camera went on the fritz tonight so that plan fell through. If it can't be fixed, I guess we'll have to eat our words about no more electronic purchases because with a baby due soon, a digital camera is a must have item.
I'm psyching myself up now to get ready for what might be an overnight stay tomorrow night. My enthusiasm for packing for the third week in a row is not high, but it must be done. Soon I'll actually have to turn my mind to packing that other bag that needs to be ready just in case baby "H" decides to make her entry a bit early (not that I'm banking on that happening).
Have a good couple of days everyone and one way or the other, an update will be posted on Wednesday.

Take care - Janie and Dirk

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning Hantschers,

    My boys were so excited to hear about the haul last Friday and our fingers are crossed for today. Take a big breath,push through, and know that many people have your back.

    xoxo Jodi and family

    ReplyDelete