Monday, March 16, 2009

Another try tomorrow ...

Well it's Monday morning at 9:30 and the house is very quiet - Dane is still sleeping and Ashley has gone to school. Dane has been feeling fantastic since the middle of last week ... he has lots of energy and enthusiasm and oh yes, still the attitude! I think he's catching up this morning plus he was awake in the middle of the night with leg cramps/growing pains that required some heat and TLC.
He set a school record last week, he attended every day of the week for half the day. This is the first time that has happened since he was diagnosed in early January. We also continue to do some homework on our own time when he feels up to it (that is when his mood and energy levels align). On Saturday he went to watch his 7/8 hockey team play in the year end tournament and he also managed a couple of play dates with his best buddy from school.
We now anxiously wait until tomorrow for his appointment at Cancer Clinic. Dane's blood levels will be checked again and assuming they have gone in the right direction, he will be hospitalized overnight to start the second month of the Intensive Consolidation phase. I was ok with the one week delay, however I am certainly hopeful he is good to go tomorrow so we can keep his treatment moving and pretty much on track. As was the case last week, I'll post an update on Wednesday letting everyone know the outcome.
I have another baby check-up tomorrow as well and given I haven't had any false alarms with contractions the past several weeks, I'm thinking I'll be in my OB's "good books". I'm now in week 31 and on the home stretch, however I'm not sleeping worth a darn and need to improve that situation or I'll be a complete zombie before the newest "H" arrives.
I've decided I'm looking at every week that we all survive intact as a success. It's Monday, a few rough days are behind us (due primarily to sibling scraps and a much more hormonal mother) and I'm thinking positive for Dane's results tomorrow.
Please continue to hold good thoughts for our special little guy.
Thank you - Janie and Dirk

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hantschers,

    Glad to hear the weekend went off without too many snags. We have our fingers crossed, and will be thinking about you tomorrow Dano. Keep on plugging away family. With Love,
    The Martin 5

    ReplyDelete